Monday, September 3, 2012

An Introduction of Sorts

Today is September 3, 2012 and on Wednesday I leave for London for the semester. Wait. This started out awkwardly already. Let's fix that. Okay. Three....two...one.

My name is Briana Michelle Meyer (the full name is important) and I am a 20 year old college student spending the next four months in London, England to study abroad. I'm a History major and somehow due to my credits I am a senior. However this is my third year of college. Oh man....I am horrible at these introduction posts. Even though I have been on the Internet actively since I was eleven, I'm still not sure how to portray myself. Perhaps I should discuss what I like.


  • I blog a lot
  • I sit on the computer a lot
  • I love Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Merlin, Game of Thrones, The Hour, period dramas, Harry Potter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Eddie Redmayne
  • Okay, I am in love with Eddie Redmayne
  • I also love Joe Dempsie
  • Ditto on the Game of Thrones cast because they are perfection
  • I love musical theatre and yes, I plan on seeing Les Mis
  • Les Mis=my life
  • I am a fangirl who is forced to live in reality 
  • This past summer I really got into Kdramas and Kpop and I'm not ashamed of it at all
  • Lee Minho is gorgeous and South Korea's gift to the world
  • Seriously he is gorgeous 
  • Like really gorgeous and I most likely will never meet him
  • I really love SHINee 
  • I also love SNSD 
  • Yoona is my ultimate bias and love
  • Also One Direction is amazing
  • The British Royal family is my favorite family of all time
  • I have a deep connection with literature from Britain
  • Jane Austen wrote my childhood
  • I cry over Victoria and Albert on a daily basis
  • If you don't know who Victoria and Albert are SHAME ON YOU
  • I love anime and manga
  • Fullmetal Alchemist took my heart at age 14 and has never given it back 
  • Little Women was the period drama that started my love for history at age 6 or 7
  • Jo and Laurie forever
  • Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe are the best couple in the world of literature
  • I like to make bullet lists
  • This blog is for people who know me both in real life and online
  • Christian Bale. End of story.
  • I'm an awkward blogger but I have character so bare with me please
Now that is over, this is what my blog will really focus on: my adventures in London and England. I have spent most of my life wishing longing to spend a semester in England. I have a lot of plans for the next four months and I hope to accomplish most of them. I already know that I will be crying when I watch BBC One live for the first time. I also know that I have a date with the British Museum. I want to try to pick up an accent when I am over there. I also plan on doing research for history related things and research for a novel I have been planning for years.

Anyway, that is all I have for today. Yes, this post was awkward. Let's make you all awkward so we can all have an awkward adventure with a Yankee in King Arthur's Court. If you don't know that reference...please. We might need to have a chat. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete