Monday, September 17, 2012

A lost opportunity

It has been a long while since I posted and for that I am sorry. But what can I honestly write about to inform you, the general reader of this atrocity of a blog?

I could write about how all of my classes seem fairly easy and all require at least one paper, one presentation, and have field trips. I could write about the performance of The 39 Steps I saw Wednesday which was hilarious and broke the fourth wall in every perfect way. I could write about the Les Mis theatre and how it is located right in Chinatown.

I could write about how I am addicted to Home and Away after watching the omnibus of last week's episodes Saturday. I could write about the National Portrait and how many portraits are up and how I spent 45 minutes looking at pictures of the Queen. I could write about seeing Sweeney Todd Saturday, which was amazing, incredible, and all together BEAUTIFUL AND A DREAM COME TRUE! I could write about finding out that Eddie Redmayne will be reading poetry at a West End event in October and that means this could be my chance to finally meet Eddie and tell him how he is one of my favorite actors and inspires me.

I could write about Downton Abbey and how I finally watched it on ITV for the first time and I cried because series 3 is beautiful so far. I could write about Parliament and how it is so clear that Albert loved Victoria so much it physically pains me that he died before his time.

Yet this is what I am actually going to talk about. I was literally down the street from some of my favorite actors and I did not know about it.

London Fashion Week is currently finishing up and today was the Burberry show. Now, I love Burberry. I love the Burberry tartan pattern. I love Christopher Bailey and I know that he and Eddie Redmayne have a working relationship. (Eddie's Burberry campaign was beautiful this year.) But let's get this story rolling, shall we.

I was on my blog (not this blog, my other blog) when this picture showed up:


So here we have Aaron Paul, Dita Von Teese, Harry Styles, and Dev Patel. However, the person behind Dev is very important. The person I reblogged this picture from wrote in tags "that looks like Joe."


Now this is a better image. Oh look. Joe Dempsie is at Fashion Week. Okay. Okay. Um, okay? Cue panic button. 

But it gets better. It gets so much better. 



That building in the back? That's Royal Albert Hall. It's right down the street from me. And the show? It was held at Kensington Gardens. That is right across the street from me. Literally. And where was I during this? Doing my laundry. I missed seeing Harry Styles and Joe Dempsie. I am going to regret this.

So what is the lesson from all this: stalk the Internet to find out where people are. 

I will now leave you with this, a picture I took at Trafalgar. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad you didn't say that you learned to not do your laundry! I totally 100% love reading your posts! Please keep it up - other people read them too, and as you know many of my friends love to travel, so they love hearing about your travels too! Keep making the most of every day!
    I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete