Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A very long update

So it's been a while. But last week was crazy busy with Mom and Alyssa in town, finals and papers due, and  with me now being on break my body has decided it is a good time to get sick. So let's do this thing.

October 20:

I picked up the family at Heathrow and got them settled into the hotel. Then we went to my place so I could take the suitcase full of my winter stuff. Then we ate at a restaurant down the street from where I live. After that we walked along the South Bank before bringing them back to the hotel so they could sleep.

October 21: 

We went to the Victoria & Albert Museum to check out the new Hollywood Costume Exhibit. The museum is really cool. I also met my friend Sophie from the Internet. That was not planned at all. After the museum we went to a pub and had dinner. I finished eating and left them so I could watch X Factor and Downton.

October 22:

No idea what we did that day but I met them for supper for sure. I think I was working on my midterm paper about Downton Abbey.

October 23:

This day was crazy long for me because I went to BBC Television Centre and cried over all the Doctor Who there. It was an amazing place to visit it. BBC has sold the building and are moving to a new building in central London. There were also members of Team GB there for Children in Need and we saw Ellie Simmonds. Pretty cool.


Look at this sexy thing.



This is a promotional image from Series 5.


This is one of the funniest shows ever by the way.


Look. A Dalek. 

That afternoon I had to go to the Globe for another class. I thought it would be an actual tour. Instead, it was an actor telling us how they did things way back in the day. This is also known as 'THINGS I ALREADY KNOW." I was not impressed at all. Sigh. But I took pictures.




Later that day when I was coming back, I sort of stumbled on the Skyfall premiere. It was happening right down the street from me.




October 24:

I had a very long day of class and it was not good at all. Mom, Alyssa, and I went to Burger King for dinner and then we went to Sainsbury's so I could get groceries. That basically was how that day went.

October 25:

Alyssa and I had lunch at Pizza Hut because they have a lunch buffet. I also worked on my final paper for one of my classes. 

October 26:

I had two finals that day and that marked the end of most of my semester. In the afternoon we went to the British Museum. Then I was forced to go inside Harrods. The "plan:" was to eat inside of Harrods but I convinced them not to because Harrods is really expensive. We then decided to eat at Gourmet Burger Kitchen which literally has the best burgers ever. Then we went to the hotel so I could take a few more things. After that we went to Costa Coffee, the place my mom fell in love with because she missed Copper Rock. Then, Mom and Alyssa walked me to the tube station where we said our good byes. And then Mom became an emotional mess. (Whoops. Sorry not sorry for writing that tidbit.) Then I went home to a quiet flat and it was beautiful.

October 27:

Les Mis day. That night I went to Les Mis with Ann and Grace and it was amazing. All I can say is this. Jonny Purchase is going to go far. He was Marius that night and the understudy and his voice is INCREDIBLE. Our seats weren't the best and I know I'm seeing it again. But it was so good and worth finally seeing it after 11 years of waiting. 



Listen and cry with me.

October 28:

Spent the day inside and got ready for Windsor....which didn't happen.

Yesterday:

The plan was to spend the day in Windsor. However when I woke up at 6 am to start getting ready, my body was all "Lol no. You're sick." So I decided to spend the money I had for Windsor on Skyfall and books.

Skyfall was AMAZING. If you are a James Bond fan, you will love this movie so much. However before the movie started, the new Les Mis trailer was on and I stopped breathing. THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE. THERE IS NO NEED TO WORRY AT ALL.

Today I slept for most of the day so I could feel better. I do feel better. Tomorrow I am going to Stratford for the day. My train leaves after 9 am here and I get in after 11. I then have until 7 in the town. However most things close between 5 and 6. It should be fine though.

I have no idea when I will go to Windsor. I might go later in November. I have a list of places I want to go. Being sick during my midterm break was not part of the plan but in order to enjoy my time here, I need to get better. I also have 6 day weekends now so I have more time to travel and see places.

So that's it for me. Now I'm going to make pizza and watch some soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment